Janjatiya Gaurav Divas:
The Union Cabinet has approved declaration of 15th November as Janjatiya Gaurav Divas dedicated to the memory of brave tribal freedom fighters so that coming generations could know about their sacrifices about the country.
- India’s freedom struggle was strengthened by several movements by tribal communities such as Santhals, Tamars, Kols, Bhils, Khasis and Mizos to name a few.
- The date is the birth anniversary of Sri Birsa Munda who is revered as Bhagwan by tribal communities across the country.
- Birsa Munda fought bravely against the country against the exploitative system of the British colonial system and spearheaded movement against British oppression giving a call for ‘Ulgulan’ (Revolution).
- The declaration acknowledges the glorious history and cultural heritage of tribal communities.
- The day will be celebrated every year and would recognize the efforts of the tribals for preservation of cultural heritage and promotion of Indian values of valour, hospitality and national pride.
- Tribal Freedom Fighter Museum at Ranchi where Birsa Munda breathed his last will be inaugurated by Hon’ble Prime Minister.