Khanan Prahari App:
The mobile app Khanan Prahari is a significant step taken by the Ministry of Coal towards curbing illegal coal mining activities.
- Khanan Prahari App allows citizens to report incidents of illegal coal mining through geo-tagged photographs and textual information.
- The corresponding web portal, called as Coal Mine Surveillance & Management System (CMSMS), has been developed in association with the Bhaskaracharya Institute of Space Application & Geoinformatics, Gandhinagar, and CMPDI, Ranchi.
- Objective is to encourage public participation through reporting about illegal coal mining.
- The government aims to take transparent action against illegal mining, using space technology as an e-governance initiative.
- Users can easily report incidents of illegal mining by taking photographs and providing comments on the incident. The app allows for the geotagging of photographs by enabling the GPS location feature.
- The user’s identity is kept confidential, ensuring privacy and security.
- Complainants receive a complaint number, which they can use to easily track the status of their reported complaints on the Khanan Prahari mobile app.
- This is available for download on Google’s Play Store for Android-based mobile phones and the Apple Store for iOS-supported iPhones.