Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship Programme:
The Ministry of Skill Development and Entrepreneurship recently rolled out the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship (MGNF) program in all the districts of India.
- The programme was earlier working across 69 districts.
- Fellows under the Mahatma Gandhi National Fellowship will acquire the academic expertise and technical competency.
- The expertise will help them to understand the overall skill ecosystem.
- It will also help the fellows to get attached to District Skill Committees.
- The ministry of skill development has also joined hands with Kerala Institute of Local Administration so as to conduct the capacity building programmes for district officials from the states of Tamil Nadu, Kerala, Puducherry and Lakshadweep.
- The partnership between the two will be more focused on strengthening the overall quality of skill training.
- The ministry highlighted that this fellowship programme along with the recent launch of Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana 3.0 and other academic partnerships with IITs, IIMs, KILA and GIZ-IGVET under the SANKALP scheme will help in empowering the districts and ensure the demand-driven skilling.