Maitri Setu’ Between India And Bangladesh:
Prime Minister Narendra Modi inaugurated ‘Maitri Setu’ between India and Bangladesh.
- The bridge ‘Maitri Setu’ has been built over the Feni river which flows between the Indian boundary in Tripura State and Bangladesh.
- The 1.9 Km long bridge joins Sabroom (in Tripura) with Ramgarh (in Bangladesh).
- The name ‘Maitri Setu’ symbolizes growing bilateral relations and friendly ties between India and Bangladesh.
- The construction was taken up by the National Highways and Infrastructure Development Corporation Ltd at a project cost of Rs 133 crore.
- With this bridge, Tripura is set to become the ‘Gateway of North East’ with access to Chittagong Port of Bangladesh, which is just 80 km from Sabroom.
- PM Modi also laid the foundation stone for setting up an Integrated Check Post at Sabroom.