Mega Investment Textiles Parks (MITRA):
The Finance Minister, Nirmala Sitharaman, announced during the Union Budget 2021 presentation that the Government has proposed a “Mega Investment Textiles Parks (MITRA) scheme”.
- The scheme will enable the textile industry to become globally competitive.
- It will help the industries to attract large investments and boost employment generation besides boosting the exports.
- The scheme will help in creating a world-class infrastructure with plug and play facilities. This in turn will create global champions in exports.
- MITRA scheme will be launched in addition to the Production Linked Incentive Scheme (PLI).
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking