The Vice President of India, M. Venkaiah Naidu, has inaugurated the Aadi Mahotsav at Dilli Haat in New Delhi.
- The festival is being organized at Dilli Haat
- It comprises the display and sale of tribal art & craft, medicine, cuisine, and folk performances.
- The festival will be participated by some thousand tribal artisans, artists, and chefs from across the 20 States of the country.
- The tribal communities will provide a glimpse of their rich traditional culture.
- The festival is being organized under the Ministry of Tribal Affairs.
- Under the ministry, TRIFED has been working to improve the income and livelihoods of the tribal people besides preserving their way of life and traditions.
About Aadi Mahotsav:
- It is a National Tribal Festival that was inaugurated on February 1, 2020.
- The festival will continue till February 15, 2021.
- The Aadi Mahotsav is the celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Crafts, Cuisine, and Commerce.
- This initiative runs successfully since 2017.
- It is an attempt to familiarise the people with the rich and diverse craft, the culture of the tribal communities from across the country.
- The festival is organized under the theme: “Celebration of the Spirit of Tribal Culture, Cuisine and Commerce”.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking