Stardust 1.0 was launched on Jan 31st from Loring Commerce Centre in Maine, US.
- It has become the first commercial space launch powered by biofuel, which is non-toxic for the environment as opposed to traditionally used rocket fuels.
- Stardust 1.0 is a launch vehicle suited for student and budget payloads.
- Any hydrocarbon fuel that is produced from an organic matter (living or once-living material) in a short period of time (days, weeks, or even months) is considered a biofuel.
- Biofuels may be solid, liquid, or gaseous in nature.
- Solid: Wood, dried plant material, and manure.
- Liquid: Bioethanol and Biodiesel.
- Gaseous: Biogas.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking