Mera Bill Mera Adhikar Scheme:
The Central Government is expected to launch its awaited ‘Mera Bill Mera Adhikar’ scheme soon.
- Mera Bill Mera Adhikar Scheme is a Goods and Services Tax (GST) invoice incentive programme that offers cash incentives for uploading invoices.
- It would initially be introduced in the states of Assam, Gujarat, and Haryana, as well as the UTs of Puducherry, Daman & Diu, and Dadra & Nagar Haveli.
- Objective is to encourage customers to request a bill whenever they make purchases.
- All invoices issued by GST-registered suppliers to consumers will be eligible for the scheme.
- A monthly and quarterly draw of lots will be made, and winners will be eligible for cash reward prizes beginning from Rs 10,000 to up to Rs 1 crore.
- The minimum purchase value for the invoice to be considered for the lucky draw is Rs 200, and individuals can upload a maximum of 25 invoices in a month.
- The ‘Mera Bill Mera Adhikar’ mobile app will be made available on both IOS and Android platforms.
- The invoice uploaded on the app should have the GSTIN of the seller, invoice number, amount paid and tax amount.