MK Bhan Fellowship-Young Researcher Fellowship Programme (MKB-YRFP):
The Department of Biotechnology (DBT), Ministry of Science and Technology, Government of India, announced the results of the First MK Bhan Fellowship-Young Researcher Fellowship Programme (MKB-YRFP), which was instituted to honour eminent scientist and Former Secretary of the DBT.
- The Department established the MK Bhan Fellowship-Young Researcher Fellowship Programme (MKB-YRFP) with an aim to encourage young bright researchers below 35 years of age to continue their research in the country after Ph.D. in any branch of Life Sciences/ Biotechnology/allied areas.
- The scheme offers an independent research grant for three years to the young Post-Doctoral Fellows to enable them to emerge as future leaders and take up cutting edge research focused on issues of national relevance.
- This Fellowship, entails a monthly emolument of Rs 75,000.
- Maharaj Kishan Bhan (1947 – 2020) was an Indian pediatrician and clinical scientist.
- He was known for developing Rota Viral Vaccine in collaboration with Bharat Biotech International.
- He was positioned as Secretary, Department of Biotechnology, Government of India, until 2012.