‘Namaste Yoga’ Mobile App:
During the curtain raiser event for the 7th International Day of Yoga (IDY) on June 11, 2021, a mobile application called “Namaste Yoga” was launched. This app is devoted to Yoga.
- The event was organized by the Ministry of Ayush in association with Morarji Desai National Institute of Yoga (MDNIY).
- On the occasion, Ayush Minister Shri Kiren Rijiju highlighted about 10-day series on Doordarshan on IDY 2021, and central message of this series is “Be with Yoga Be at Home”.
- Namaste Yoga app is designed as an information platform for the public.
- It was launched with the aim of raising awareness about yoga and make it accessible to a larger community.
International Day of Yoga (IDY):
- IDY is observed on 21st June every year. In the year 2021, IDY will be celebrated under the theme- “Yoga at home and Yoga with Family”.
- In 2020, the theme for the day was ‘Yoga for Health – Yoga at Home’.