National Dental Commission Bill, 2023 : Passed In Lok Sabha
The National Dental Commission Bill focuses on the regulation and improvement of dentistry in India.
- Establish the National Dental Commission (NDC) to regulate the profession of dentistry.
- It Repeal the Dentists Act of 1948.
- National Dental Commission Constituted by the central government with 33 members and will be chaired by an eminent and experienced dentist.
- Chairperson appointed by the central government upon recommendation of a search-cum-selection committee which is chaired by Cabinet Secretary.
- Ex-officio members of the commission include Presidents of three autonomous Boards, Director General of Health Services, Chief of the Centre for Dental and Educational Research, AIIMS.
- Part-time members include faculties of dentistry from government institutes and representatives of states and union territories.
- Regulating dental education, institutions, research, and infrastructure, as well as ensuring admissions through National Eligibility-cum-Entrance Test (NEET).