National Education Ministers Conference:
The two-day National Education Ministers’ Conference began on 1st June 2022 in Gujarat. The focus of the conference will be the implementation of the new National Education Policy (NEP).
- This conference is being attended by Dharmendra Pradhan, the Union Education Minister of India as well as other education ministers of various states and union territories across the country.
- This conference has been organised by the Human Resource Development department in Gandhinagar in collaboration with the Ministry of Gujarat.
- The ministers also visited the Bhaskaracharya National Institute for Space Applications and Geo-informatics (BISAG), the Vidya Samiksha Kendra (VSK), the International Automobile Centre of Excellence (iACE), and the National Forensic Science University (NFSU).
- The aim of this two-day conference is to focus on strengthening the country’s education ecosystem.
- The conference also focuses on implementing the National Education Policy 2020, skilling in various schools of the nation, and digital initiatives such as the National Educational Technology Forum (NETF), National Digital Education Architecture (NDEAR), etc.
- The conference also aims to leverage technology to minimise the non-academic work of teachers, strengthen the base of numeracy and literacy, and ensure holistic evaluation of teachers, students, and schools so as to cultivate a vibrant learning and teaching environment.