National Service Scheme (NSS) Awards For The year 2019-20:
The President of India Shri Ram Nath Kovind will confer the National Service Scheme (NSS) Awards for the year 2019-20 on 24th September, 2021 from Rashtrapati Bhawan, New Delhi.
- The National Service Scheme (NSS) Award for the year 2019-20 will be given to 42 awardees in 3 different categories like University/ +2 Councils, NSS Units and their Programme Officers and NSS Volunteers.
- Ministry of Youth Affairs & Sports confers every year the National Service Scheme Award to recognize and reward outstanding contributions towards voluntary community service made by the Universities/Colleges, (+2) Councils, Senior Secondary, NSS Units/ Programme Officers and NSS Volunteers, with a view to further promote NSS in the country.
- NSS is a Centrally Sector Scheme which was launched in the year 1969 with the primary objective of developing the personality and character of the student youth through voluntary community service.
- The ideological orientation of the NSS is inspired by the ideals of Mahatma Gandhi. Very appropriately, the motto of NSS is “NOT ME, BUT YOU”.
- The NSS volunteers work on issues of social relevance, which keep evolving in response to the needs of the community, through regular and special camping activities.