Niveshak Didi Initiative:
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB) conducted India’s First Floating Financial Literacy Camp with an initiative called ‘Niveshak Didi’ to promote Financial Literacy ‘By the women, for the women’, in Srinagar, J&K.
- Niveshak Didi Initiative is based on the ideology of women for women, as rural area women feel more comfortable to share their queries with a female herself.
- It is launched by IPPB, in collaboration with Investor Education and Protection Fund Authority (IEPFA) under the aegis of Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA).
- The session covered topics ranging from banking and financial products, importance of joining the mainstream financial services offered by regulated entities & protection against various types of risks involved with investments and measures of fraud prevention.
India Post Payments Bank (IPPB):
- It has been established under the Department of Posts, Ministry of Communication with 100% equity owned by the Government of India.
- The bank has been set up with the vision to build the most accessible, affordable and trusted bank for the common man in India.