NTPC’s Biodiversity Policy:
NTPC Ltd, India’s largest integrated energy producer has issued renewed Biodiversity Policy 2022 to establish a comprehensive vision and guiding principle for conservation, restoration, and enhancement of biodiversity.
- This Biodiversity Policy is an integral part of NTPC’s Environmental Policy.
- NTPC was the first PSU to issue Biodiversity Policy in 2018. In the same year, NTPC became a member of the India Business & Biodiversity Initiative (IBBI).
- The power major aims to mainstream the concept of biodiversity across NTPC’s value chain.
- The company will further strengthen its current efforts to achieve a ’no net loss’ of biodiversity at all of its currently operating sites.
- NTPC has also signed a five-year agreement with Andhra Pradesh Forest Department for conservation of Olive Ridley Turtles in the coastline of Andhra Pradesh.