Operation Chakra 2 : CBI
The Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI) has recently launched , Operation Chakra II.
- ‘Operation Chakra-2’, was initiated after the registration of five separate cases of cyber-enabled financial fraud, including a ₹100-crore crypto scam.
- Operation Chakra II launched by Central Bureau of Investigation (CBI).
- Objective is to fight against transnationally organized cyber-enabled financial crimes in India.
- It aims to tackle transnational organized cyber-enabled financial crimes within India. (CBI and its troubles)
- These crimes often involve fraudulent activities conducted online .
- The CBI has partnered with technology giants Microsoft and Amazon, as well as with national and international law enforcement agencies.
- Some of the agencies involved include the Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI) in the United States, INTERPOL’s Cyber Crime Directorate and IFCACC, the National Crime Agency (NCA) in the United Kingdom.
- These collaborations are aimed at combating and dismantling the infrastructure of illegal call centres involved in these crimes.