Ops Alert Exercise : Border Security Force
India is to celebrate its 74th republic day on January 26, 2023.
- Several anti–national elements try to cause trouble in the country during such nationwide celebrations.
- To put them under control and to increase security at the border, the BSF is conducting a seven-day long exercise called the “OPS ALERT”.
- During the exercise, the security personnel will hold drills in the India – Pakistan border that extends between Rann of Kutch and Sir Creek and also in the Barmer district of Rajasthan.
OPS ALERT exercise:
- The BSF will conduct reconciliation programs with the Indian residents in the border
- Various verifications and validities will be held
- Regions such as Harami Nala and Entire creek will be focused
- Sir Creek is a disputed maritime boundary.
- The creek is a narrow waterway,marshland along the shore.