Pinaka Rocket Systems:
Pinaka Mk-I (Enhanced) Rocket System (EPRS) and Pinaka Area Denial Munition (ADM) rocket systems have been successfully flight-tested by Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) and Indian Army at Pokhran Firing Ranges.
- A total of 24 EPRS rockets were fired for different ranges during the last fortnight.
- Required accuracy and consistency was achieved by the rockets meeting all trial objectives satisfactorily.
- With these trails, the initial phase of technology absorption of EPRS by the industry has successfully been completed and the industry partners are ready for user trials/series production of the rocket system.
- The Pinaka rocket system has been developed by Armament Research and Development Establishment, Pune supported by High Energy Materials Research Laboratory, another Pune-based laboratory of DRDO.
- The EPRS is the upgraded version of Pinaka variant which has been in service with the Indian Army for the last decade.