PM Daksh Program:
According to the Union Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment about 5 lakh people got benefits under PM Daksh Program.
- PM-DAKSH (Pradhan Mantri Dakshta Aur Kushalta Sampann Hitgrahi) Yojana was launched by the Ministry of Social Justice & Empowerment (MoSJ&E) in 2020-21.
- It is a National Action Plan for skilling marginalized persons covering SCs, OBCs, EBCs, DNTs, Sanitation workers including waste pickers.
- The main objective of the PM-DAKSH Yojana is to increase the skill levels of the target youth by providing them short term and long term skills, followed by assistance in wage/self-employment.
- It aims to improve all-round competency of 2.7 lakh persons, over the next 5 years, beginning with nearly 0.5 lakh youth in the first year i.e. 2021-22, from the following sections of the target group:
- Artisans- who may be able to improve their revenue generation capacities within their practicing vocations;
- Women- who may be able to enter into self-employment and financially empower themselves without neglecting their domestic activities; and
- Youth- who may acquire long-term training and specialization in employable vocations and gain a better standing in the job market.