Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) Awards 2021:
In the Pradhan Mantri Awas Yojana – Urban (PMAY-U) awards 2021, Uttar Pradesh bagged the first position followed by Madhya Pradesh and Tamil Nadu at second and third place, respectively. Gujarat won five special category awards.
- The Mission will be implemented during 2015-2022.
- It is implemented by the Union Ministry of Housing and Urban Affairs (MoHUA).
- Mission:To achieve the goal of Housing for All in Urban areas by 2022, when the Nation completes 75 years of its Independence.
- Under it, central assistance will be provided to Urban Local Bodies (ULBs) and other implementing agencies through States/UTs for:
- In-situ Rehabilitation of existing slum dwellers using land as a resource through private participation
- Credit Linked Subsidy
- Affordable Housing in Partnership
- Subsidy for Beneficiary-led individual house construction/enhancement.
- Funding:Credit linked subsidy component will be implemented as a Central Sector Scheme while other three components will be implemented as Centrally Sponsored Scheme (CSS).
- Eligibility:All statutory towns as per Census 2011 and towns notified subsequently would be eligible for coverage under the Mission.