Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY-Phase VII):
The Union Cabinet has approved the extension for the Pradhan Mantri Garib Kalyan Anna Yojana (PMGKAY-Phase VII) for a further period of 3 months i.e. October to December 2022.
- Under this welfare scheme, 5 kg of food grain per person per month is provided free of cost for all the beneficiaries covered under the National Food Security Act (NFSA) [Antodaya Anna Yojana & Priority Households] including those covered under Direct Benefit Transfer (DBT).
- Financial implication for the Government of India has been about 3.45 Lakh Crore upto Phase-VI of PMGKAY.
- With the additional expenditure of about Rs. 44,762 Crore for Phase-VII of this scheme, the overall expenditure of PMGKAY will be about Rs. 3.91 lakh crore for all the phases.
- So far, PMGKAY has been in operation for 25 months as under:
- Phase I and II ( 8 months) : April’20 to Nov.’20
- Phase-III to V (11 months) : May’21 to March’22
- Phase-VI ( 6 months) : April’22 to Sept.’22