Prasthan Offshore Security Exercise:
Prasthan’ is an offshore security exercise that was conducted in Mumbai’s Offshore Development Area (ODA) on 23rd March 2022. This exercise was conducted under the aegis of the Western Naval Command’s Headquarters.
- This exercise is conducted every six months.
- This exercise was led by the Indian Navy.
- The participants of this exercise were from the Coast Guard, Indian Air Force, Mumbai Port Trust, ONGC, Customs, Jawahar Lal Nehru Port Trust, Mercantile Marine Department, state fisheries department, and the Marine Police.
- This exercise was conducted to refine the response and standard operating procedures (SOPs) to various contingencies in Mumbai’s Offshore Defence Area.
- On the B-193 platform of ONGC which is located to the west of Mumbai, this exercise was conducted.
- This exercise is very important to ensure offshore security.
- This exercise also aims to strengthen and integrate the efforts being made by all maritime stakeholders who are involved in the defence of the country’s offshore.
- Various simulations like bomb explosion, terrorist intrusion, search and rescue, casualty evacuation, major fire, oil spills, man overboard, and mass evacuation were exercised.
- This recently conducted exercise provided all the stakeholders with an experience for assessing their combat and respond readiness.