Prussian Blue Insoluble Formulations Drug:
A critical drug, ‘prussian blue’ insoluble formulations developed on a Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) technology recently received approval from the Drugs Controller General of India (DCGI).
- Prussian blue insoluble formulations is one of the critical medicines listed by the World Health Organisation for radiological and nuclear emergencies.
- It was developed under the Technology Development Fund (TDF).
- Technology Development Fund has been established to promote self-reliance in defense technology as a part of the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- The drug has been developed based on the technology of the Institute of Nuclear Medicine and Allied Sciences (INMAS), Delhi, a laboratory of the DRDO.
- The formulations are used for the decontamination of Cesium and Thallium.
- The manufacturing and marketing licenses for the commercial use of the drug have been granted to Scott-Edil Pharmacia Limited, Himachal Pradesh, and Skanttr Lifescience, Gujarat, by DCGI.
- The drug will be available under the trade name of Pru-DecorpTM and PruDecorp-MG.