Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana : Graduates Not Preferred For Railway Jobs
Railway Minister Ashwini Vaishnaw said that Indian Railways’ ‘Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana’ graduates are not preferred for railway jobs.
- The statement comes as a response to a query by BJP MP Narayana Koragappa regarding job preferences for the trained youth.
- Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana launched in September, 2021.
- Ministry of Railway.
- Objective is imparting training skills to the youth across several trades to bring qualitative improvement.
- Rail Kaushal Vikas Yojana is a skill development scheme with a special focus on providing training for jobs that are relevant to the Railways.
- It is a sub-scheme under Pradhan Mantri Kaushal Vikas Yojana (PMKVY).
- The training is imparted in fourteen (14) industry-relevant technical trades such as Electrician, Welder, Machinist, Fitter etc.
- The training is provided free of cost to the candidates.
- There is no provision for providing employment under this scheme.
- Participants will be selected from applications received online, following a transparent mechanism based on marks in matriculation.
- Candidates, who have passed class X and are aged between 18 and 35 are eligible to apply.
- After the end of the program, trainees have to pass a standardized assessment followed by a certificate in the allotted trade by the National Rail and Transportation Institute.