Report Fish Disease App : NSPAAD
The National Surveillance Programme for Aquatic Animal Diseases (NSPAAD) project has introduced a mobile app ‘Report Fish Disease’ to track and monitor fish diseases across the country.
- The mobile application intends to empower fish farmers with a convenient and efficient platform to report diseases on their farms.
- Central Institute of Fisheries Technology (CIFT) is one of the collaborative partners of the NSPAAD project of which ICAR-NBFGR is the lead institute, under which this app is developed.
- Its intuitive and user-friendly interface enables easy accessibility to fish farmers.
- The app offers an easy disease reporting format, where farmers can easily report disease outbreaks by providing essential information such as location, species affected, symptoms observed, and images.
- The app also serves as an information hub, providing farmers with valuable resources on disease prevention, treatment, and best aquaculture practices.
- It is to provide a comprehensive package to ensure diagnosis, prevention, control, and treatment of aquatic animal diseases, thereby providing solutions for encouraging the aquaculture farmers.