SAKSHAM : Learning System
The Union Health Ministry has introduced the SAKSHAM (Stimulating Advanced Knowledge for Sustainable Health Management), a Learning Management Information System (LMIS) of the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare.
- SAKSHAM serves as a comprehensive digital learning platform for offering online training and medical education to all healthcare professionals across the country.
- Developed By: National Institute of Health & Family Welfare (NIHFW).
- The platform aims to ensure inclusive capacity building among health professionals, ranging from those working in rural and remote primary health centers to those in metropolitan cities’ tertiary care and corporate hospitals.
- Currently, SAKSHAM: LMIS hosts over 200 public health and 100 clinical courses, accessible through online mode.
- Saksham will be developed as a centralized resource repository for training and teaching material.
- It will also act as a central database of trained healthcare professionals in the country.