Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021 At Noida Haat:
Minister of Rural development inaugurated Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021 at Noida Haat.
- Ministry of Rural Development is working to include more women in Self Help Groups (SHGs). He said these SHGs played a vital role in increasing family income and improving quality of life.
- The Saras Aajeevika Mela 2021 is being organized from 26th February to 14th March 2021 by the Ministry of Rural Development.
- More than 300 rural self-help groups and craftsmen from 27 states are participating in the Mela.
- It is a program to transform rural India in general and the lives of rural women in particular.
- During the Mela, workshops on product packaging and design, communication skills, social media publicity and Business to Business marketing will be organized to educate the rural self-help groups and craftsmen.
- It is an initiative by the Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana-National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) under the Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD) organised by the Council for Advancement of People’s Action and Rural Technology (CAPART).
- CAPART is an autonomous body set up by the Ministry of Rural Development to interface between the government and Non-governmental Organizations (NGOs) that seek to improve the quality of life in India’s rural areas.