Scheme Special Assistance To States For Capital Investment For 2022-23:
The Government has launched a Scheme Special Assistance to States for Capital Investment for 2022-23.
- Under this Scheme, financial assistance is provided to the States Governments in the form of 50-year interest free loan for capital investment projects.
- For the 2022-23 Financial Year (FY) a total financial assistance of Rs 1 lakh crore would be given to states.
- The loan under the scheme would be over and above the normal borrowing ceiling allowed to states for FY 2022-23 and should be spent in the same year.
- New or ongoing projects or for settling pending bills in ongoing capital projects.
- States may submit projects of higher value than the funds allocated, indicating their preference/priority.
- For capital works (PM Gati Shakti Master Plan will receive priority), PM Gati Shakti related expenditure, PM Gram Sadak Yojana, Incentives for digitisation, Optical Fibre Cable, Urban reforms, Disinvestment and monetisation.
- Exclusion: Projects with capital outlay of less than 5 crore (2 crore for North East) and repair and maintenance projects irrespective of capital outlay are not eligible