Sela Tunnel Project:
The BRO officials recently said that nearly 96 percent of the work on the strategically crucial Sela Tunnel is complete, and it is likely to be inaugurated by year-end.
- Sela Tunnel Project is located in the West Kameng district of Arunachal Pradesh.
- Once completed, the Sela tunnel will be the world’s longest bi-lane tunnel at an altitude above 13,000 feet.
- It will ensure all-weather connectivity between Guwahati in Assam and Tawang in Arunachal Pradesh.
- It is being excavated below the Sela Pass on the NH-13 component of the Trans-Arunachal Highway system.
- It is being built by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO)under Project Vartak and the tunnel’s construction commenced on April 1, 2019.