Shikshak Parv 2021:
The Shiksha Parv is being celebrated by the Ministry of Education from 5th-17th September to recognize the contributions of teachers and to take New Education Policy (NEP) 2020 a step forward.
- The Prime Minister launched multiple key initiatives in the education sector on the occasion.
Five Initiatives Launched:
Indian Sign Language Dictionary:
- It was launched for the Children and persons with hearing impairments. It has 10,000 words in it.
- These are audiobooks for the visually impaired.
School Quality Assessment and Accreditation Framework (SQAA):
- SQAA is a quality initiative proposed by the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE) to provide global parameters of attainment as standards in schools affiliated to it.
- It would address the deficiency of the absence of a common scientific framework for dimensions like curricula, pedagogy, assessment, infrastructure, inclusive practices and governance process.
NISHTHA Teachers’ Training programme for NIPUN Bharat:
- National Initiative for School Heads’ and Teachers’ Holistic Advancement (NISHTHA) is a capacity building programme for improving the quality of school education through integrated teacher training.
- NIPUN (National Initiative for Proficiency in Reading with Understanding and Numeracy) Bharat Scheme was launched to create an enabling environment to ensure universal acquisition of foundational literacy and numeracy, so that every child achieves the desired learning competencies in reading, writing and numeracy by the end of Grade 3, by 2026-27.
Vidyanjali 2.0 Portal:
- For facilitating education volunteers, donors and CSR (Corporate Social Responsibility) contributors for school development.
- Vidyanjali Scheme is one of the innovative schemes that focus towards the improvement of literacy by offering volunteer teachers in government schools. It was launched in 2017.