Surat Diamond Bourse : World’s Largest Corporate Office Hub
Prime minister is set to inaugurate the world’s largest corporate office hub, Surat Diamond Bourse.
- Surat Diamond Bourse is located in Khajod village, near Surat.
- It is the world’s largest corporate office hub, taking over the erstwhile top position of
- It will also be a global centre for trading both rough and polished diamonds as well as jewellery.
- Buyers from all corners of the world will get a global platform to trade at the Surat Diamond Bourse.
- It is built on 35.54 acres of land at a cost of Rs 3,400 crore.
- It is the world’s largest interconnected building, as it houses over 4,500 interconnected offices.
- The megastructure features 15 floors in addition to nine ground towers with office space ranging from 300 sq ft to 1 lakh sq ft.
- There is a central spine connecting the nine rectangular towers.
- The bourse will comprise a state-of-the-art ‘Customs Clearance House’ for Import-Export, a jewellery mall for retail jewellery business, and a facility for International Banking and Safe Vaults.
- It is the country’s largest customs clearance house.
- The building has the capacity to house 4,200 traders from 175 countries who will come to Surat to buy polished diamonds.
- The building showcases a cutting-edge rooftop solar energy project, ensuring sustainability in common areas and employing a radiant cooling system.