Svamitva Scheme : Update
The Uttar Pradesh state government completed the distribution of 55,14,921 ‘gharaunis’ (rural house records) under the Svamitva scheme.
- A survey of villages and mapping with improvised technology in village areas (SVAMITVA) is a Central Sector Scheme.
- It was launched in 2021 after the successful completion of the pilot phase of the scheme (2020-2021) in 9 states.
- It seeks to give ownership of property in rural inhabited areas, by mapping land parcels using drone technology and providing a ‘Record of Rights’ to village household owners with the issuance of legal ownership cards (Property cards/Title deeds) to the property owners.
- It is implemented with the collaborative efforts of the Ministry of Panchayati Raj, State Revenue Department, State Panchayati Raj Department and Survey of India.
- Full coverage of nearly 6.62 lakh villages in India and establishment of an extensive CORS network with 567 CORS stations.
- A Continuously Operating Reference Stations (CORS) network provides regional positioning service.