Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India launched “Science for Women-A Technology & Innovation (SWATI)” Portal.
- SWATI Portal is aimed at creating a single online portal representing Indian Women and Girls in STEMM (Science, Technology, Engineering, Mathematics & Medicine).
- The database of the SWATI Portal will serve in policy-making to address the challenges of Gender-gap.
- The Portal is a complete interactive database; and the first of its kind in India which is developed, hosted and maintained by the National Institute of Plant Genome Research (NIPGR), New Delhi.
- Objectives is To scale up the effort exponentially to include each and every Indian woman in science (WiS), across all career stages and subjects, spanning both Academia and the Industry enabling reliable and statistically significant long-term research on the issues of equality, diversity and inclusivity in India;
- Inclusion of each and every Indian WiS, career stages, and subjects, spanning both Academia and the Industry; Enabling reliable and statistically significant long-term research on the issues of equality, diversity and inclusivity in India, developing active search engine and searchable database (Name, Affiliation, Area of Interest).