Technology Development Fund (TDF) Scheme:
The Minister of State in the Defence Ministry recently said the Technology Development Fund (TDF) Scheme has so far supported 41 MSMEs and 20 startups.
- Technology Development Fund (TDF) Scheme has been established to promote self-reliance in defense technology as a part of the ‘Make in India’ initiative.
- It is a programme of MoD (Ministry of Defence) executed by the Defence Research and Development Organisation (DRDO) meeting the requirements of Tri-Services, Defence Production and DRDO.
- The scheme encourages participation of public/private industries especially MSMEs to create an ecosystem for enhancing cutting edge technology capability for defence application.
- It supports indigenous development of components, products, systems and technologies by MSMEs and start-ups.
- MSMEs and Startups registered in India.
- Public limited company, private limited company, partnership firms, limited liability partnership, one-person company, sole proprietorship registered as per applicable Indian laws.
- The industry has to be owned and controlled by an Indian citizen.
- Industries with foreign investments of 49% or less.
- Funding Support:
- The funding will be through provision of grants to the Industry.
- The project cost of up to INR 10 Cr will be considered for funding, subject to a maximum of 90% of the total project cost.
- Industry may work in collaboration with academia or research institutions.
- The work involvement of academia cannot exceed 40% of the total project cost.
- The funding will be linked to mutually agreed milestones