Telangana achieves 100% Tap Water Connections To Schools:
Work on providing a connection to schools, AWCs and ashram shalas was taken up under the 100-day special campaign of the Ministry of Jal Shakti under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Now, Telangana has joined a group of States that has ensured tap water connections to all schools and Anganwadi centers (AWCs).
- Previously, the State was the first to provide tap water connections to all households.
About Jal Jeevan Mission:
- Announced in August 2019.
- The objective of the Mission is to provide piped water supply (Har Ghar Jal) to all rural households by 2024.
- It seeks to provide 55 lpcd (Litres per capita per day) of prescribed quality on long-term and regular basis.
- It aims to create local infrastructure for rainwater harvesting, groundwater recharge and management of household waste water for reuse in agriculture.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking