Telangana achieves 100% Tap Water Connections To Schools:
Work on providing a connection to schools, AWCs and ashram shalas was taken up under the 100-day special campaign of the Ministry of Jal Shakti under the Jal Jeevan Mission.
- Now, Telangana has joined a group of States that has ensured tap water connections to all schools and Anganwadi centers (AWCs).
- Previously, the State was the first to provide tap water connections to all households.
About Jal Jeevan Mission:
- Announced in August 2019.
- The objective of the Mission is to provide piped water supply (Har Ghar Jal) to all rural households by 2024.
- It seeks to provide 55 lpcd (Litres per capita per day) of prescribed quality on long-term and regular basis.
- It aims to create local infrastructure for rainwater harvesting, groundwater recharge and management of household waste water for reuse in agriculture.