The India-Mauritius CECPA:
The India-Mauritius CECPA will enter into force on 01 April 2021.
- India and Mauritius signed the Comprehensive Economic Cooperation and Partnership Agreement (CECPA) on 22 February 2021.
- The CECPA is the first trade agreement signed by India with a country in Africa.
- The India-Mauritius CECPA provides for an institutional mechanism to encourage and improve trade between the two countries.
- The Agreement is a limited agreement, which will cover Trade in Goods, Rules of Origin, Trade in Services, Technical Barriers to Trade (TBT), Sanitary and Phytosanitary (SPS) measures, Dispute Settlement, Movement of Natural Persons, Telecom, Financial Services, Customs Procedures and Cooperation in other Areas.
- The CECPA between India and Mauritius covers 310 export items for India. Mauritius will benefit from preferential market access into India for its 615 products.