Transfer Of 10 In-Orbit Communication Satellites To NewSpace India Ltd (NSIL):
The government has approved the transfer of 10 in-orbit communication satellites from the Government of India to NewSpace India Ltd (NSIL).
- The entire GSAT series, except GSAT-7 and 7A, will go to NSIL, and thereby to companies intending to develop downstream satcom businesses. The new CMS (communication satellite) series is already operated by NSIL.
- Increasing the authorised share capital of NSIL from Rs 1,000 crore to Rs 7,500 crore was also approved.
- NSIL is a Central Public Sector Enterprise of the Government of India.
- It was established in 2019 under the administrative control of the Department of Space.
- NSIL is the commercial arm of Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) with the primary responsibility of enabling Indian industries to take up high technology space related activities.
- Headquarters: Bengaluru
- Owning satellites for Earth Observation and Communication applications and providing space-based services
- Building satellites and launching them as per demand
- Providing Launch Services for satellite belonging to customer
- Building launch vehicles through Indian Industry and launch as per satellite customer requirement
- Space based Services related to Earth Observation and Communication satellites on commercial basis
- Satellite building through Indian Industry
- Technology Transfer to Indian Industry