U.S.-India Initiative On Critical And Emerging Technology (iCET):
India’s Minister of Commerce and Industry and U.S. Secretary of Commerce welcomed the recently launched U.S.-India initiative on Critical and Emerging Technology (iCET).
- The National Security Advisors of India and the US led the inaugural meeting of the iCET in Washington, DC.
- U.S.-India initiative on Critical and Emerging Technology (iCET) was launched by the US President and Indian Prime Minister on the sidelines of the Quad summit on May 2022.
- Goal: To elevate and expand Indo-U.S. strategic technology partnership and defense industrial cooperation between the governments, businesses, and academic institutions of the two countries.
- The initiative will be spearheaded by the National Security Council Secretariat in India and the US National Security Council.
- The initiative would help forge links between the government, academia, and industry in areas such as AI, quantum computing, 5G/6G, biotech, space, and semiconductors.