Maiden Cross-Border Oil Pipeline : India-Bangladesh
Prime Ministers of India and Bangladesh will jointly inaugurate the maiden cross-border oil pipeline between the two countries.
- India-Bangladesh Friendship Pipeline (IBFPL) will carry diesel from Assam-based Numaligarh Refinery Ltd’s (NRL) marketing terminal at Siliguri in West Bengal to the Parbatipur depot of Bangladesh Petroleum Corporation (BPC).
- IBFPL is 5 Kilometers long, out of which 126.5 kilometer pipeline is in Bangladesh and 5 kilometers in India.
- The pipeline has a capacity of one million metric tonnes per annum (MMTPA).
- The total project cost for the construction of the IBFPL is Rs 377.08 crore.
- The project is built under grant assistance from the government of India.