UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards For Cultural Heritage Conservation 2022:
Chhatrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya (CSMVS) was recently conferred with the ‘Award of Excellence’ at the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation (UNESCO) Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation-2022.
- The UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation is supported by a partnership between UNESCO and Ng Teng Fong Charitable Foundation since 2021.
- UNESCO introduced the new category, ‘Special Recognition for Sustainable Development’, in 2020, together with an updated set of Awards Criteria to acknowledge the role and contribution of cultural heritage to sustainable development within the broader framework of the UN 2030 Agenda.
- Since 2000, the UNESCO Asia-Pacific Awards for Cultural Heritage Conservation programme has been recognizing the efforts of private individuals and organizations in restoring, conserving, and transforming structures and buildings of heritage value in the region.
Awarded projects comprises:
Award of Excellence
- Chhtrapati Shivaji Maharaj Vastu Sangrahalaya Museum, Mumbai, India
Award of Distinction
- Stepwells of Golconda, Hyderabad, India
- Zarch Qanat, Yazd, Iran
- Neilson Hays Library, Bangkok, Thailand
Award of Merit
- Topdara Stupa, Charikar, Afghanistan
- Nantian Buddhist Temple, Fujian, China
- Domakonda Fort, Telangana, India
- Byculla Station, Mumbai, India
- Sadoughi House, Yazd, Iran
- 25 Chivas in Kathmandu, Nepal
Special Recognition for Sustainable Development
- West Guizhou Lilong Neighborhood, Shanghai, China
Award for New Design in Heritage Contexts
- M30 Integrated Infrastructure for Power Supply and Waste Collection, Macao SAR, China
- Xiaoxihu Block, Nanjing, China