Women Excellence Award 2021:
The SERB Women Excellence Award was announced on the occasion of International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2021.
- Four young women fellows from the National Science Academies have been awarded for excelling in science and engineering.
- The SERB Women Excellence Award will provide them a grant of Rs. 15 lakhs.
- The grant would be provided for a period of three years to the awardees in order to pursue their research ideas.
Women scientists who were selected for the awards include:
- Shobhna Kapoor– She is the Assistant Professor at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. She is working in the area of
- Chemical Biology – She is an expert in ‘Host-Pathogen Interactions & Membrane Biology, Chemical Biology & Biophysics’.
Antara Banerjee- She is a scientist at B National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai. She is an expert in Signal Transduction, Endocrinology, and the Biology of Reproduction.
- Sonu Gandhi- She is a Scientist D from the National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad. She is from the Bionanotechnology area who focuses on Nanosensors, Design, and Fabrication of Label-free Biosensors.
- Ritu Gupta- she is an Assistant Professor in the Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur, Rajasthan. She works in Nanotechnology and is an expert in Materials Science, Health & energy, Nanodevices, and Sensors.
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB):
- It is a statutory body working under the Department of Science and Technology.
- It was established in 2009 by SERB ACT,2008. It is chaired by the Secretary of the Government of India in the Department of Science and Technology.