Women Excellence Award 2021:
The SERB Women Excellence Award was announced on the occasion of International Day of Women and Girls in Science 2021.
- Four young women fellows from the National Science Academies have been awarded for excelling in science and engineering.
- The SERB Women Excellence Award will provide them a grant of Rs. 15 lakhs.
- The grant would be provided for a period of three years to the awardees in order to pursue their research ideas.
Women scientists who were selected for the awards include:
- Shobhna Kapoor– She is the Assistant Professor at the Indian Institute of Technology Bombay. She is working in the area of
- Chemical Biology – She is an expert in ‘Host-Pathogen Interactions & Membrane Biology, Chemical Biology & Biophysics’.
Antara Banerjee- She is a scientist at B National Institute for Research in Reproductive Health, Mumbai. She is an expert in Signal Transduction, Endocrinology, and the Biology of Reproduction.
- Sonu Gandhi- She is a Scientist D from the National Institute of Animal Biotechnology, Hyderabad. She is from the Bionanotechnology area who focuses on Nanosensors, Design, and Fabrication of Label-free Biosensors.
- Ritu Gupta- she is an Assistant Professor in the Indian Institute of Technology Jodhpur, Rajasthan. She works in Nanotechnology and is an expert in Materials Science, Health & energy, Nanodevices, and Sensors.
Science and Engineering Research Board (SERB):
- It is a statutory body working under the Department of Science and Technology.
- It was established in 2009 by SERB ACT,2008. It is chaired by the Secretary of the Government of India in the Department of Science and Technology.
Need Monthly Current Affairs PDF?
Get everything on your phone with our all in one app for your UPSC Preparation.
- Get daily current affairs on you phone
- Download monthly current affairs PDF
- All India daily mock tests with ranking