World’s Highest Tunnel At Shinku La Pass:
The world’s highest tunnel will be constructed by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) at Shinku La Pass at 16,580 feet. This tunnel will be connecting Himachal Pradesh to Ladakh.
- The construction of this tunnel by the Border Roads Organisation (BRO) will begin by July 2022.
- This tunnel will be connecting Ladakh’s Zanskar Valley to Himachal Pradesh.
- Project Yojak has been set up by the central government to execute this ambitious project.
- By the year 2025, the construction of this tunnel will be completed.
- The tunnel’s south portal will be at Shinku La.
- The tunnel’s north portal will be at Lakhang.
- This tunnel will help in boosting the economy of the Zanskar Valley as the travel time between Himachal Pradesh and Ladakh will be reduced after this tunnel is opened.