2nd UN World Geospatial International Congress:
PM Narendra Modi recently addressed 2nd UN World Geospatial International Congress. It is being held in Hyderabad.
- The goal of this year’s UNWGIC is to promote a broad dialogue on global geospatial information management with all relevant governments, non-governmental organisations, academia, and the private sector.
- Theme: The theme of UNWGIC 2022 is ‘Geo-Enabling the Global Village: No one should be left behind’.
- It was hosted by the ministry of science and technology of the government of India.
United Nations World Geospatial Information Congress (UNWGIC):
- The United Nations Global Geospatial Information Management (UN-GGIM) convened the conference on UNWGIC 2022 and was organised by the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs.
- It is conducted every four years with the objectives of enhancing international collaboration among the Member States and relevant stakeholders in Geospatial information management and capacities.
- The first UNWGIC was organized by China in October 2018