6th Meeting Of The India-Norway Joint Working Group On Higher Education:
India recently hosted the 6th meeting of the India-Norway Joint Working Group on Higher Education in New Delhi.
- The Joint Working Group was established to monitor and oversee the implementation of the MoU on Cooperation in the field of Higher Education signed between India and Norway on 25th April, 2022.
- The two sides reviewed the progress made under the Indo-Norwegian Cooperation Programme developed under the ambit of the previous India-Norway MoU signed in 2014.
- They deliberated upon overall higher education policy and priorities, student/faculty mobility and cooperation in the field of skill development.
- India’s relations with countries in Central Europe (CE) remained on a steady upward track characterised by warmth and progress in 2021-22, according to the Ministry of External Affairs (MEA).
- Rooted in cultural ties, relations with Central European countries have been free from any major irritants.
- India has received support from these countries at various multilateral fora.
- Regional groups within CE like the Visegrad Group (Czech Republic, Hungary, Poland and Slovakia) and the Nordic group (Sweden, Norway, Finland, Denmark, Iceland) also provide platforms for plurilateral exchanges with India.