Asia Pacific Public Sector Cyber Security Executive Council: MICROSOFT:
Microsoft has launched the first-ever “Asia Pacific Public Sector Cyber Security Executive Council”. It was launched with the aim of building a strong communications channel to address cyber threats and to share best practices among participating countries.
- Cybersecurity Council comprises policy makers and influencers from countries like Indonesia, Korea, Brunei, Malaysia, Singapore, the Philippines, and Thailand.
- It is supported by cybersecurity professionals. Council was set up with the aim of accelerating public-private partnerships in cybersecurity, and share threat intelligence.
- Council was set up to build a strong coalition and to strengthen cyber security defense.
- It was launched in the view that; these countries experience a higher-than-average encounter rates of malware and ransomware attacks.
- They experience 1.6 times higher malware attacks and 1.7 times higher ransomware attacks as compared to other countries.