Centre For Skill Development, Rehabilitation & Empowerment Of Persons With Disabilities (CRC), Kozhikode:
Department of Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (Divyangjan) (DEPwD) is going to launch its first bi-monthly E-Newsletter during the inauguration of main building of Composite Regional Centre for Skill Development, Rehabilitation & Empowerment of Persons with Disabilities (CRC), Kozhikode on 18th January, 2022.
- The function is being organized at CRC Campus at Chevayur, Kozhikode, Kerala.
- CRC in Kozhikode was established in 2012 by the Ministry of Social Justice and Empowerment, Government of India under the administrative control of National Institute for Empowerment of Persons with Multiple Disabilities (NIEPMD), Chennai (an autonomous Institute under the administrative control of DEPwD) as its outreach/ extension centre.
- At present, the services of the Centre are being operated from rented building with a total area of 5000 sq ft of space with 12 rooms available for services.
- Government of Kerala has allotted 3 acres of land at Chevayur, Kozhike in 2013 for establishment of CRC.
- This newly constructed building of CRC Kozhikode is a 48,000 sq. ft. structure, built at a cost of around 20 crores.