New Rehabilitation & Resettlement Policy:
Union Minister of Coal Pralhad Joshi said that NLC India Ltd, a Navratna public sector enterprise under the Ministry of Coal has been playing a pivotal role in ensuring India’s energy security during the last six decades of performance.
- The Minister was virtually launching the new rehabilitation & resettlement (R& R) policy applicable to land owners of NLCIL mines area.
- Lauding the efforts of NLCIL and Tamil Nadu Government in framing a very flexible rehabilitation policy with multiple options available to the affected people, Minister Shri Joshi ensured that compensation to the affected villagers will be based on fair and transparent process.
- The new policy has provisions for enhanced amenities to project effected families. NLCL has signed an MOU with Tamil Nadu government to impart skill development to the youth under Skill India Mission.
- NLCIL commenced its operations in Tamil Nadu way back in 1956 in lignite mining and lignite based power generation.
- Over a period of more than six decades, the company has diversified into coal based Power Generation, Renewable Power Primarily Solar and Coal Mining.
- In this process, the Company has made PAN India presence with 50.60 MTPA mining and 6,061 MW power generating capacity.