eSARAS Mobile App:
eSARAS mobile App was launched by the Secretary of Union Ministry of Rural Development, Government of India at New Delhi.
- eSARAS App is an e-commerce mobile app which will be used as a more effective platform for marketing of the products made by women of self-help groups.
- It is an initiative conceptualized by the DAY-NRLM, Ministry of Rural Development (MoRD), towards the marketing of the best, authentic handicrafts and hand-looms.
- This initiative promotes the spirit of Vocal for Local even further with easier marketing of products prepared by SHGs
- Along with that eSARAS Fulfilment Centre was also inaugurated.
- These centres will be managed by the Foundation for Development of Rural Value Chains.
- FDRVC – a Not for Profit Company constituted jointly by Ministry of Rural Development and Tata Trust.
- This centre will be used for processing, packaging and shipping of products that customers purchase through the eSARAS Portal and eSARAS mobile App.
- It will handle the logistics required to bring an online order to a customer’s doorstep.
- Deendayal Antyodaya Yojana – National Rural Livelihoods Mission (DAY-NRLM) is the flagship program of the Ministry of Rural Development.
- Its aim is promoting poverty reduction through building strong institutions for the poor, particularly women, and enabling these institutions to access a range of financial services and livelihoods.