Fifth Bilateral Cyber Policy Dialogue : India And Australia
India and Australia recently convened their fifth bilateral Cyber Policy Dialogue in New Delhi.
- The Cyber Policy Dialogue was held under the auspices of the India-Australia Framework Arrangement on Cyber and Cyber-Enabled Critical Technology Cooperation and Plan of Action 2020-2025 for a comprehensive and deeper cyber cooperation.
- It provides a bilateral platform to discuss a range of high-profile issues of mutual interest.
- Discussions at this Dialogue included strategic priorities, cyber threat assessment, next generation telecommunications (including 5G technology) capacity building and cooperation in the Indo-Pacific region, and the latest developments in cyber at the United Nations.
- Australia and India agreed to explore opportunities for further collaboration with the private sector and academia.
- Both countries will jointly conduct a Cyber Bootcamp, as well as Cyber and Tech Policy Exchanges, in collaboration with Indo-Pacific partners.
- The sixth India-Australia Cyber Policy Dialogue will be held next year.