First Aspirational District Deploying 5G Technology : Vidisha, Madhya Pradesh
Vidisha, an aspirational district of Madhya Pradesh became the first-ever district in India for on-ground deployment of innovative 5G use cases offered by startups.
- It is a joint initiative by Vidisha District Administration and Centre for Development of Telematics (C-DOT), Department of Telecommunications (DoT) under the guidance of Additional Secretary (Telecom) & Administrator Universal Service Obligation Fund (USOF).
- The 5G will be deployed at community & district health centers, Model Schools, Agri & Dairy Farmers, and skill development centers for a period of 1 year and may be extended subsequently as per the need.
- These digital solutions will also be powered by BharatNet broadband to provide uninterrupted services to user communities of Vidisha.
Aspirational District Programme:
- It was launched in 2018 which aims to transform districts that have shown relatively lesser progress in key social areas.
- Aspirational Districts are those districts in India, that are affected by poor socio-economic indicators.
- It covers 112 districts across the country.
- At the Government of India level, programme is anchored by NITI Aayog.